Mega Man X

Mega Man X v1.2.4

No permission to download
Hey all! I'm actually loving this mod. It makes the game so much fun with the wish fulfillment going on here. If you're open to it I've got a few suggestions that I think would be pretty cool to see.

1- give X an up dash or a hover on double jump as a default ability.

X feels a lil lacking compared to what Zero and Vile can do as well as feeling very risky in the air with limited correction for misjumps. Being able to hover in place like with 4th armor on or up dash like with 3rd armor would mitigate this problem, and it has been used as base moveset before (in project X zone as well as X challenge in the legacy collections for hover.) Up dash should just be a thing he can do as he's always been the only one who could dash upwards and it feels really good in X8 demake as well as X dive and 30xx.

2- some form of walking under water that can transition to swim with additional jump presses ala the wing cap. This would work just to give it that extra Megaman feel in underwater stages.

3- slight auto aim for shots. It doesn't need to be aggressive, just slight aim correction in a lil cone shape so that he can hit things a lil better. if we're going by a numpad like below, where X is X's position, he should need to move the stock towards 9 to hit an enemy along that field of vision but it should have a lil leeway. This would with great with a "lock direction faced" button to allow for moving and shooting. IDK how feasible it is but those two combined would make for comfort while tryna shoot with a gun tied to movement. Check the game Silent Bomber for a good look at how it can go.

7 8 9
4 X 6
1 2 3

Hey all! I'm actually loving this mod. It makes the game so much fun with the wish fulfillment going on here. If you're open to it I've got a few suggestions that I think would be pretty cool to see.

1- give X an up dash or a hover on double jump as a default ability.

X feels a lil lacking compared to what Zero and Vile can do as well as feeling very risky in the air with limited correction for misjumps. Being able to hover in place like with 4th armor on or up dash like with 3rd armor would mitigate this problem, and it has been used as base moveset before (in project X zone as well as X challenge in the legacy collections for hover.) Up dash should just be a thing he can do as he's always been the only one who could dash upwards and it feels really good in X8 demake as well as X dive and 30xx.

2- some form of walking under water that can transition to swim with additional jump presses ala the wing cap. This would work just to give it that extra Megaman feel in underwater stages.

3- slight auto aim for shots. It doesn't need to be aggressive, just slight aim correction in a lil cone shape so that he can hit things a lil better. if we're going by a numpad like below, where X is X's position, he should need to move the stock towards 9 to hit an enemy along that field of vision but it should have a lil leeway. This would with great with a "lock direction faced" button to allow for moving and shooting. IDK how feasible it is but those two combined would make for comfort while tryna shoot with a gun tied to movement. Check the game Silent Bomber for a good look at how it can go.

7 8 9
4 X 6
1 2 3
Thanks for the suggestions. I am planning on giving some sort of aim correction for characters who can shoot. I don't know how feasable a "lock" button would be. Up dash will be added for third armor but maybe i'll make it available for all X variants.
Underwater is a pain to rework and will probably skip next update. But I will see.

Reactions: EeleyeDD
Understandable, cuz yeah I have 0 concept of what is and isn't feasible. I noticed also that his left shoulder piece is just flat out missing in a few animations and it looks like that's just straight up a game model limit from how it reappears based on the stance he's in (walking vs standing) so lord knows what else you're restricted by.

One fan game to try that made me a believer in hover as base movement for X is Megaman X innocent impulse. It let's you dash, dash jump, hover, air dash, falling dash momentum, land, dash, repeat all in a sequence and it feels AMAZING to loop that kinda movement. It also let's you air dash into hover and hover into air dash. Just having that kinda course correction would make for a fantastic experience of a 3d Megaman X game we never got.

That said your mod is already wish fulfillment to the nth degree and I love everything you've done and are doing with it thank you so much. Keep doing as much as you're comfy with and enjoy the fruits of your Labor cuz I damn sure am.
Thanks for the suggestions. I am planning on giving some sort of aim correction for characters who can shoot. I don't know how feasable a "lock" button would be. Up dash will be added for third armor but maybe i'll make it available for all X variants.
Underwater is a pain to rework and will probably skip next update. But I will see.

Reactions: ganewatch
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but can you please make it where Zero can do his air dash after performing a double jump and vice versa? It would make Zero's movement more enjoyable to play.

Amazing mod btw. Thank you for creating this.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but can you please make it where Zero can do his air dash after performing a double jump and vice versa? It would make Zero's movement more enjoyable to play.

It's intended to be this way because that's how Zero's moveset is in the original games. Either an airdash or a double jump. Also glad you like.

Reactions: Retago
It's intended to be this way because that's how Zero's moveset is in the original games. Either an airdash or a double jump. Also glad you like.
I like the fact that this is true to the games. Maybe at some point there could be a MMZ Zero I know in that game he can double jump during a jump dash.

I like the fact that this is true to the games. I feel that Zero already has the best movement currently, so maybe having something like this would make it a bit more unbalanced for the other character's movements compared to his. Maybe at some point there could be a MMZ Zero I know in that game he can double jump during a jump dash.

Reactions: Retago

Users who are viewing this thread