That would be truly amazing. I've spent another day on it and I'm starting to understand the code a little better. I also found a great video on animations. My goal at this point is to make some running and gunning animations using the MMX code for bullet creation and then using the sonic code to figure out a working morph ball.
If I can figure out those two things, I can probably start adding in her suit upgrades, like spiderball, shinespark, space jump.
She can jump off of walls too; not as easily as Megaman, but I can still use your code to figure out the wall jump mechanic.
I feel like I dont need to reinvent the wheel and that there's a lot of good opportunities here for making a well made Samus mod.
I'd like to make something at the quality level of some of these other character mods, like Megman X, Link, and Kirby.
P.S. I'm the mod developer for Legend of Samus: BotW and Legend of Samus: TotK. If you're a metroid fan, you should check those out.