[CS] Paper Partners 64 + TTYD

[CS] Paper Partners 64 + TTYD V3.0 V3.1

No permission to download
Whenever i scroll down to Vivian It automatically Changes her pallate to my custom one and then the game crashes, Don't know why its happening as im on the latest version of CS.

edit: Upon looking at it closer the Game crashes on Bobbery, just like with the person who posted before me.

Last edited:
You're probably a DirectX user, use OpenGL if you can, otherwise, i dont have a solution.

Hello, the models are really cute and the truth is that I admire the dedication you made
Although I have a problem, the game crashes when I select Bobbery
I saw that you said that we have to use the OpenGL version, but I also want to know if there is a solution for the DirectX version?
Forget it, I was able to fix it by deleting the character's files

Last edited:
So.... funny story. I had to download 1.8 from some sonic character select pack because it looks like 1.8 got removed from this site to make way for 1.9, and with the 1.8 version the character's voice will work for a few sound effects, then it will stop working entirely, maybe because the latest version of sm64coopdx broke the audio somehow?

I can't appear to include screenshots without posting it somewhere and then sharing a link to it, don't know of a good place to do that so I'll just say this:

1.8: after voice clips work for a few sound effects I get this error "Custom Character Voices are unavailable due to inability to load audio, This is most likely because your client does not support custom audio functionality."

1.9: At the very top of the screen I will see [CS] Paper Partners 64 + TTYD 3.0 has script errors!

Any solutions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Saltwillflow
Use the latest version, 1.9, even though it has scripts errors.
The script errors are due to me making typos on the sound effects, nothing game breaking, i need to fix it but i've had little time.
Otherwise i don't know, you're not telling all the info. But i suggest going to the discord for help.

I know this has already been mentioned as an issue but the character sound effects don't seem to work in character select 1.9. As at the top of the screen it just says [CS] Paper Partners 64 + TTYD 3.0 has script errors! I directly put the folder labled [CS] Paper partners 64 + TTYD 3.0 to the mods folder. I know you already said it's cause of typos. But I was just wondering if there's any way to fix it.

Go into the code of the mod, then painstakingly go over each character, select them in game, open the console and see which sound give you an error. Fix the typo in the code. Which is doing my job really.

Go into the code of the mod, then painstakingly go over each character, select them in game, open the console and see which sound give you an error. Fix the typo in the code. Which is doing my job really.
Some people dont have coding understanding so actually telling us the exact issue in lamnest terms and explaining what to do in picture and what exactly to fix would be a blast and it can help others down to road when they see your solution even if its gonna be a pain to fix for us
q5xi8FP.png

So, I will say that disabling the "[CS] Extra Characters" mod by Coop Deluxe Team helped get the custom voices working on my end. Previously, it would only play Mario's voice clips or not play anything when performing different actions. Now, it plays all of the characters' voices perfectly. The only thing of note is that it will still show a script error message when performing an action with some characters after loading them from the character select menu (I've seen it happen with Vivian, Princess, Piper, and Lakilester so far). It does not show anymore after they are loaded in for the first time, even after switching to another character.

Funnily enough, this also fixed the voice issues I was having with other character mods (the Kiryu mod would play clips from Mario and Birdo (from the extra characters mod) for actions not in the custom moveset for whatever reason).

Hope this is helpful.
(P.S I am using the OpenGL release of sm64coopdx. No idea if this works for DirectX)

Reactions: MuraXLR
So, I will say that disabling the "[CS] Extra Characters" mod by Coop Deluxe Team helped get the custom voices working on my end. Previously, it would only play Mario's voice clips or not play anything when performing different actions. Now, it plays all of the characters' voices perfectly. The only thing of note is that it will still show a script error message when performing an action with some characters after loading them from the character select menu (I've seen it happen with Vivian, Princess, Piper, and Lakilester so far). It does not show anymore after they are loaded in for the first time, even after switching to another character.

Funnily enough, this also fixed the voice issues I was having with other character mods (the Kiryu mod would play clips from Mario and Birdo (from the extra characters mod) for actions not in the custom moveset for whatever reason).

Hope this is helpful.
(P.S I am using the OpenGL release of sm64coopdx. No idea if this works for DirectX)
It actually worked amazing, thank you!

I actually fixed the sound issues specific to my mod (it affects 4 characters). But yes also Extra Characters has a bug that breaks ALL OTHER CS mod that do sounds.
Im working on new features for the mod so please be patient while i finish those and ill update the mod and fix the sound issues.
(cant fix the extra characters issue obviously, not my mod)

Otherwise the specific issues? They just dont play specific sounds and give an error message when you play that character, so they're not game breaking. So please chill out about the issue.

Really awesome mod, I was also having issues with the sounds until I downloaded the latest patch for the Extra Characters mod. However funny thing, whenever I put on a vanish cap, a ton of textures in the game just break. This includes water, shadows, the HUD, etc. All of them get the same little particle effect as the vanish cap grants the wearer. I notice this doesn't affect all of the characters in the pack, just a vast majority.

Really awesome mod, I was also having issues with the sounds until I downloaded the latest patch for the Extra Characters mod. However funny thing, whenever I put on a vanish cap, a ton of textures in the game just break. This includes water, shadows, the HUD, etc. All of them get the same little particle effect as the vanish cap grants the wearer. I notice this doesn't affect all of the characters in the pack, just a vast majority.
This is a issue with the Fast64 Version Melzinoff used. You'll find a similar issue in some of my mods, as well. That is due to the export not generating the necesarry "material_revert_settings" lines.

Yeah this is something i might not do, because re exporting 23 characters is too long 💀

Users who are viewing this thread