Mega Man X

Mega Man X v1.2.3

how exactly do the extra voices work? are they meant to appear as separate mods, or am i supposed to replace the files of the main mod with those of the voice packs?

how exactly do the extra voices work? are they meant to appear as separate mods, or am i supposed to replace the files of the main mod with those of the voice packs?
Yes, if you open the main mod folder (mmx_v1.2.2), you will see there's a folder called "sound". You can drag the extra voices into that folder, and files will be replaced. So you might want to backup the original sounds if you want.

Amazing mod, I've always wanted to play as X/Zero in 3d and this is better than any attempt capcom has ever made. The only thing I could say I wish was a thing was for normal enemies to have hp so a majority of the standard enemies don't just die in one hit. Kinda can see why it wouldn't be a thing, given it's hard to land multiple hits at times with no targeting system. Was just a thought I had that you don't have to pay any mind to, the mod is pretty godlike as is.

Edit: After playing a bit more, I think I can focus it a bit more. There's actually a fair few enemies that do take multiple hits which feel pretty good to kill, and the few that die in 1 (goombas, bobombs) feel nice to quickly dispatch multiple in a row.

I think it's more of an X problem (I say problem loosely, since this could be entirely preference), as Zero at least has to do some sort of positioning when fighting enemies to avoid taking hits. But, as X, it feels at times the strat is to just fire lemons in the direction im running, which while ironic as this is what you do in X games usually LMAO, but it does make playing X compared to Zero feel a lot more idk, basic or dumbed down? I am down to chalking it up to preference, as the issue is much more tied to run and gun gameplay in 3d being much better with a lock on system which is probably absolute hell to setup that I wouldn't want anyone to feel forced to try just for one character of their multi character mod. Plus, I'm sure there are people that adore playing this X and he doesn't feel off at all, just that my preference for 3d platforming tends to be towards melee focused over ranged if theres no dedicated targeting feature.

Basically, it feels fine as is and I feel kinda bad jumping the gun on my thoughts in the first place when it was more of a preference LMAO, zero is just too fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: ganewatch
ganewatch updated Mega Man X with a new update entry:

Mega Man X - v1.2.3

This update adds improvements, balance changes, and fixes.

• All characters:
    • It is now possible to perform grounded moves that lock you in place and walk out from them while standing on slopes (Moves like X's double shot, Zero's Z-Saber combo, Vile bombs or cannon).
    • Letting go of walls when sliding now happens after 1 frame. This makes it easier to buffer a direction then jumping. It also makes it smoother in general and easier to react to.
    • Air Dashing into...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Satobraze
My first time playing this mod and I got stuck after beating the King Bob-Omb :

:p

Amazing mod, I've always wanted to play as X/Zero in 3d and this is better than any attempt capcom has ever made. The only thing I could say I wish was a thing was for normal enemies to have hp so a majority of the standard enemies don't just die in one hit. Kinda can see why it wouldn't be a thing, given it's hard to land multiple hits at times with no targeting system. Was just a thought I had that you don't have to pay any mind to, the mod is pretty godlike as is.

Edit: After playing a bit more, I think I can focus it a bit more. There's actually a fair few enemies that do take multiple hits which feel pretty good to kill, and the few that die in 1 (goombas, bobombs) feel nice to quickly dispatch multiple in a row.

I think it's more of an X problem (I say problem loosely, since this could be entirely preference), as Zero at least has to do some sort of positioning when fighting enemies to avoid taking hits. But, as X, it feels at times the strat is to just fire lemons in the direction im running, which while ironic as this is what you do in X games usually LMAO, but it does make playing X compared to Zero feel a lot more idk, basic or dumbed down? I am down to chalking it up to preference, as the issue is much more tied to run and gun gameplay in 3d being much better with a lock on system which is probably absolute hell to setup that I wouldn't want anyone to feel forced to try just for one character of their multi character mod. Plus, I'm sure there are people that adore playing this X and he doesn't feel off at all, just that my preference for 3d platforming tends to be towards melee focused over ranged if theres no dedicated targeting feature.

Basically, it feels fine as is and I feel kinda bad jumping the gun on my thoughts in the first place when it was more of a preference LMAO, zero is just too fun.
Just read your updated comment. Future versions will have some sort of aiming auto-correct for characters that can shoot. I am still not sure if I want a full on autolock or targeting. I will get some ideas when doing Axl and maybe then X and Vile will be changed accordingly.

Eventually, I'm also planning on having custom enemies which should make combat a bit more interactive. Because Mario 64 enemies are trivial regardless of which character you pick.

Users who are viewing this thread