Vertex Shader Compilation Failed

xgeltx

Modder
Aug 6, 2024
When putting my newly created custom model in the game, the game crashes and says "Vertex shader compilation failed" is there a way to fix this?

The same thing happened to me. What I did to solve it was change all the textures that I had created since some were of the "custom" or "Sm64 Decal" type and when I changed all of them to another type it no longer crashed, I don't know if for you the error is texture or something else thing but hopefully this helps

Reactions: xgeltx
The same thing happened to me. What I did to solve it was change all the textures that I had created since some were of the "custom" or "Sm64 Decal" type and when I changed all of them to another type it no longer crashed, I don't know if for you the error is texture or something else thing but hopefully this helps
Just tried this, I changed everything to a different type and it still crashes :( thank you tho for ur help

Reactions: Xardas
Actually is there a specific type you used for every texture? Maybe im just using the wrong ones
Don't double post! Use that edit button! Post automatically merged:

Also try to see if a texture is much larger than it can handle, for example you have a texture larger (or heavier) than 64x64
Looked for this and it doesnt seem like there are any that surpass 64x64, a lot of the textures are just solid colors. Is it cool if I DM u and send pictures of the textures?

Actually is there a specific type you used for every texture? Maybe im just using the wrong ones
If it is just a color and not an image try with "Sm64 shaded solid" and if it is an image try with one that says "Texture" since I had some textures in "Sm64 Decal" and it gave me the error

Looked for this and it doesnt seem like there are any that surpass 64x64, a lot of the textures are just solid colors. Is it cool if I DM u and send pictures of the textures?
If the images do not exceed 64x64 it may be that the file weighs a lot and if it does not weigh much they are fine, perhaps the error is the textures of only one color, not one with an image

If it is just a color and not an image try with "Sm64 shaded solid" and if it is an image try with one that says "Texture" since I had some textures in "Sm64 Decal" and it gave me the error

If the images do not exceed 64x64 it may be that the file weighs a lot and if it does not weigh much they are fine, perhaps the error is the textures of only one color, not one with an image
What you said before just fixed it however now when i go to choose my character from the dyno menu it says pointer not found

Thank goodness it worked, but I'm not sure about the "pointer not found" issue, maybe the geo.bin file is missing or something else.
nah i checked the geo.bin is in there, i think i might make another thread for the pointer not found

Users who are viewing this thread