(Results are in) Restarting Mod of the month and selecting a category for May

Which category of mods should be used for the next mod of the month competition?

• Administrative / Utility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audio / Music

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Custom Characters

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Game Modes

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Game Modifiers

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Player Modifiers

• Graphics / UI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joke

• Rom Hacks

• Resources

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eeliottheking

Modsite guy
Staff member
Mar 6, 2024
Indianapolis, IN
mods.sm64coopdx.com
Pronouns
He / Him
I think its about time we restarted mod of the month!

Vote on a category here till the end of April 30th. Whichever category wins will be the competition category for the month of may. Entrants will have one month to make a mod in the selected category and submit it to the site. Mods created before the period of the competition may not be submitted. The winner will receive a special trophy on the site, a special title, and their mod will be featured in a special category reserved for winners.

Feel free to add any questions or comments to this below as well.

Feel like it depends on the category. For something like cs, I don’t think it matters that much, but for gamemodes, it’s a much different story. I’d consider the extremes utilities for it not mattering and game modes for it mattering a ton. Game modes are weird for something like this anyways, as game modes are much harder to make, and with so many out, it’s hard to make an original game mode, so it would make sense for game modes in the making to be allowed, but on the other hand, if someone does have an original idea, and the skills to make it, it’s extremely unfair to them, because this mod that’s in the making, for say, a month had a massive headstart, so game modes in the making should only have been allowed to be developing for 2 weeks or so, which is slightly better. This should probably be discussed when the category is selected, so modders who mod in that category can give their opinion.

Feel like it depends on the category. For something like cs, I don’t think it matters that much, but for gamemodes, it’s a much different story. I’d consider the extremes utilities for it not mattering and game modes for it mattering a ton. Game modes are weird for something like this anyways, as game modes are much harder to make, and with so many out, it’s hard to make an original game mode, so it would make sense for game modes in the making to be allowed, but on the other hand, if someone does have an original idea, and the skills to make it, it’s extremely unfair to them, because this mod that’s in the making, for say, a month had a massive headstart, so game modes in the making should only have been allowed to be developing for 2 weeks or so, which is slightly better. This should probably be discussed when the category is selected, so modders who mod in that category can give their opinion.
Maybe the best way to ensure that is to reserve the first day of the mod of the month for having a discussion about deciding the rules.
Also for next time make sure to include game mode levels :]
I think if a main category that contains subcategories wins we should discuss whether we want it to be a broader competition or something more narrow.

Reactions: EmeraldLockdown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread