Request for Modder status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bushido

Modder
Jul 31, 2024
Hello! I'm extremely new to the scene and have never done anything related to SM64 or Lua before. However, the stuff possible with SM64coopdeluxe really did catch my eye. I made a prop hunt mod, seeing as I really wanted to play prop hunt in 64 with my friends. I don't think anybody has made this yet for sm64coopdeluxe specifically but I could be wrong. I figured I should try my hand at releasing it in here if it's of any quality.

Note: three methods here, hud top render, hud center render, and on hud render are from/heavily based off of the hide and seek mod.

Download Link

Oh this looks cool, REALLY cool.

Not a moderator, so can't give you modder role, just wanted to tell you some stuff to help with your mod:

Figured I should tell you how to make Mario not sleep, since that's not really something other mods have that often. in the HOOK_MARIO_UPDATE hook event, if Mario's action is ACT_IDLE (what action Mario's in before he sleeps), every head turn, Mario's action timer (m.actionTimer) is increased by 1. Once this hits 10, Mario's action is set to ACT_START_SLEEPING. A very simple way to resolve this, is check if Mario's in the idle action, if so, set m.actionTimer to 0.

Code:
if m.action == ACT_IDLE then m.actionTimer = 0 end

For making props look the same way Mario is, you can set that object's o.oFaceAnglePitch, o.oFaceAngleYaw, and o.oFaceAngleRoll to m.faceAngle.x, m.faceAngle.y, and m.faceAngle.z respectively.

Roles are pretty easy to make, take a look at Hide and Seek for that info.

This mod looks awesome, and I wish you the best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread