Re-apply for mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Error)

Apr 18, 2024
I made another thread before that got rejected for a problem that I have fixed regarding the drag drop mod install thing not working with my voice mod for luigi and wario. (Also it not being able to be extracted by other programs that aren't WinRAR, which I use)

I made another thread before that got rejected for a problem that I have fixed regarding the drag drop mod install thing not working with my voice mod for luigi and wario.
Can you post a new example? Also, be sure to read this:

(Also it not being able to be extracted by other programs that aren't WinRAR, which I use)

You renamed the extension on an archive.

1714050069703.png

The only plausible explanation for the above is that you used a program (like winrar) to generate a .rar file, and renamed the extension to a .zip file. Just because you change the extension of a file from one type to another doesn't mean that the data of that file is the structure of the extension you just renamed it to (Its named Voice Pack.zip, but its still a .rar file). This is Just Bad. Its confusing, it makes it harder for new users to figure out why your content isn't working for them, and it looks suspicious potentially.

Can you post a new example? Also, be sure to read this:

You renamed the extension on an archive.

View attachment 642

The only plausible explanation for the above is that you used a program (like winrar) to generate a .rar file, and renamed the extension to a .zip file. Just because you change the extension of a file from one type to another doesn't mean that the data of that file is the structure of the extension you just renamed it to (Its named Voice Pack.zip, but its still a .rar file). This is Just Bad. Its confusing, it makes it harder for new users to figure out why your content isn't working for them, and it looks suspicious potentially.
Ok, so in hindsight, I probably should've tested if the mod was able to be dragged and dropped, and extracted, I didn't really notice because I manually put in mods because If i click off the game window while it's loading the mod it almost guarantees a crash, then a restart.

Here is the fixed version. Hope it doesn't have any issues that i may have overlooked, like last time.

Do you believe you've demonstrated these?

2. You must post work that shows substantial improvement over previous submitted work either in terms of quality, or scope (Simple recolors or textures aren't gonna work here kids).
3. If you were denied last time for a specific reason, the current submission must showcase an understanding of that issue, and resolve it.

I believe I've done 3.
Does 2 mean that if I was denied before, then the mod must be like way better quality? Because that's what I'm interpreting it as there
And I can't really add more quality to a voice mod, I'd think, since it works good as it is so, not sure how I can really do that.

Right now I'm leaning towards no again largely because the code for the voice pack mod is ripped 1:1 straight from someone else's mod without credit or mention of any other authors. Rule 2 specifies against "simple recolors or retextures", and to me, that kinda seems like what's going on here with this audio mod. I don't want to downplay the role of creating new assets for the game (audio included), but you haven't given me a reason to believe that you didn't just take this other persons audio mod and swap out the assets without crediting them properly. Even if you use a template for your mod, you need to be sure to cite and credit other contributors.

Oh damn I forgot about that, so in order to release the mod, I need to credit them in the lua description? If so then I definitely will. And if I need to, I will also ask them for permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread