Proximity Chat

Proximity Chat 2024-06-14

Drenchy

Modder
Mar 24, 2024
youtube.com
Drenchy submitted a new mod:

Proximity Chat - This mod adds proximity voice chat to the game!

Proximity chat in mario 64 coop is finally here! It does exactly what the title says.

This mod works with an external program to function. The host needs the lua file in order to host a lobby.

use /setdistance [distance] to modify how far away you want the proximity voice to be.

This mod was a bounty from Drenchy that was picked up by Limbokong.

Huge thanks to Yuyake for the renders used in the app!

Read more about this mod...

Hello! ^^
I've been running into a problem where upon pressing any button at the beginning of the program, it infinitely loads.
I've tried re-extracting and restarting, and niether of those have fixed the issue.
I'm running the latest version of Windows 10.

Do you know of any solution to this?
Thanks for your time! (and even if this cant be fixed, thanks and congrats on making this! it looks really well made and fun!)

Reactions: Drenchy
Hello! ^^
I've been running into a problem where upon pressing any button at the beginning of the program, it infinitely loads.
I've tried re-extracting and restarting, and niether of those have fixed the issue.

Thanks for your time! (and even if this cant be fixed, thanks and congrats on making this! it looks really well made and fun!)
same here

Hello! ^^
I've tried re-extracting and restarting, and neither of those have fixed the issue.

same here too, hopefully this can be fixed

Hello! ^^

Hi we’ve upgraded the servers so this should be fixed now!

Reactions: FiredReadyBlocks
Hi!

I found this mod today and was excited to try it out, but when I try to run it there's a unity window and then the app closes
I have deleted it and re-installed it 4 times, restarted my pc, open it as admin, but nothing works.

I hope to being able to try the mod soon, have a great day!

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk on which the file is stored, or the storage drivers installed on this computer, or the disk is missing. Windows closed the Limbokong's Proximity Voice.exe program due to this error.

image.png

Hi!

I found this mod today and was excited to try it out, but when I try to run it there's a unity window and then the app closes
I have deleted it and re-installed it 4 times, restarted my pc, open it as admin, but nothing works.

I hope to being able to try the mod soon, have a great day!

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk on which the file is stored, or the storage drivers installed on this computer, or the disk is missing. Windows closed the Limbokong's Proximity Voice.exe program due to this error.

image.png
Did you extract the entire folder together? It needs all of the files in there in the folder with the program for it to function properly!

Reactions: FiredReadyBlocks
Hello!

So I tested the proximity chat mod in the v1.0 release and it worked perfectly fine earlier with some friends, but when testing it out now, there doesn't appear to be any proximity vc effects taking place when hosting a voice chat lobby. It just sounds like we're all in a discord call together, like I'd be in a totally different stage and everyone can still hear me as normal. We followed the instructions where we join the coop lobby before anyone else joins the prox chat and their name still didn't show either. Are we doing anything wrong?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread