How can i make the character's eyes look in a specific direction (idle only)

Jun 9, 2024
Pronouns
he/him
How can i make the character's eyes look in a specific direction such as if Mario's head is looking left, Mario's eyes look left and same for the right direction?

I know this isnt my question, was following this thread to try doing this with my model. And here is the dumb question, which file is this code in because I've ctrl + fed the 3 files that fast64 created after export?

I have an absurdly profound knowledge of the docs, which is the only reason I can consider myself even a relatively competent SM64 CoopDX Modder.

And even that’s kinda exaggerating the little skill I have.
The code that AgentX posted to find the stuff for the left/right eyes, I cannot find it anywhere, I was asking which document was it in.
Try looking here for the gMarioStates mentioned how to use it, and here for the struct it produces.
marioBodyState should contain everything you’re looking for.
Emphasis on should, as I am rarely entirely reliable.

Reactions: BobbyjoeX
I have an absurdly profound knowledge of the docs, which is the only reason I can consider myself even a relatively competent SM64 CoopDX Modder.

Try looking here for the gMarioStates mentioned how to use it, and here for the struct it produces.
does this go into the Lua file?

but when i try putting the eye in the same specific direction (as a test I'm doing with the d-pads for the eye movement) it just gives me a script error
and yes i didn't know who to reply

this is the code i did (i don't know gMariostates very well sometimes):
function mario_update(m)

if (m.controller.buttonDown & D_JPAD) ~= 0 then
gMarioStates[1].marioBodyState.eyeState = MARIO_EYES_DOWN

elseif (m.controller.buttonDown & U_JPAD) ~= 0 then
gMarioStates[1].marioBodyState.eyeState = MARIO_EYES_UP

elseif (m.controller.buttonDown & L_JPAD) ~= 0 then
gMarioStates[1].marioBodyState.eyeState = MARIO_EYES_LEFT

elseif (m.controller.buttonDown & R_JPAD) ~= 0 then
gMarioStates[1].marioBodyState.eyeState = MARIO_EYES_RIGHT
end
end

hook_event(HOOK_MARIO_UPDATE, mario_update)

well when i was playing sonic character dx mod with the cjes luigi, i randomly saw Luigi looking to the left in one of the star animation frames, so maybe the default models have them (i also don't know all of the models (only how they look) )

Sorry I wasn't much help
it's okay, don't worry about it.
Don't double post! Use that edit button! Post automatically merged:

i also discovered the problem
i got to the code of anim-tester and i discovered that i missed "look" on the code
(I'm not supposed to reply after double posting that became the auto-merge)
now i have the most frequent issue that will happen whenever the script is enabled: crashing

Last edited:
Reactions: ComputerAxe

Users who are viewing this thread