Game says SDL error when installed

ale

Aug 15, 2024
Pronouns
He/him
I wanted to play with some friends on the android port so i gave them the apk to compile the game but then some of them got this weird error message that says

SDL error

An error occurred while trying to start the application. Please try again and/or reinstall.

Error: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "getifaddrs" referenced by "/data/app/com.owokitty.sm64excoop-1/lib/arm/libmain.so" ...

He tried to reinstall several times but it didn't work

Pd: sorry if my English is bad.

Solution
But if you want to fix it, tell them to compile the APK themselves. The reason they're getting the sdl error is because their device architecture doesn't match the one the APK was compiled on, and installing a version meant for a different architecture will result in that error.
I wanted to play with some friends on the android port so i gave them the apk to compile the game but then some of them got this weird error message that says

SDL error

An error occurred while trying to start the application. Please try again and/or reinstall.

Error: dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "getifaddrs" referenced by "/data/app/com.owokitty.sm64excoop-1/lib/arm/libmain.so" ...

He tried to reinstall several times but it didn't work

Pd: sorry if my English is bad.
Android Port is not supported officaly by the Coop Deluxe Team.

But if you want to fix it, tell them to compile the APK themselves. The reason they're getting the sdl error is because their device architecture doesn't match the one the APK was compiled on, and installing a version meant for a different architecture will result in that error.

Solution

Users who are viewing this thread