Friending system

This is something that gets suggested a lot; the usual answer we give in response to this is to use a proper social platform instead of asking to make coop into one. (AKA, add people you like playing with on Discord)

Reactions: SuperKirbylover
This is something that gets suggested a lot; the usual answer we give in response to this is to use a proper social platform instead of asking to make coop into one. (AKA, add people you like playing with on discord)
I know but it would be easier.

Reactions: Mayosunshine
Yea I haven't either, and if they did (not likely) it would be nice.
I mean, they have to at least make a blocking system, right?

But something that could CHANGE the entire sm64ex coop game would be that you would have to make a username that would be permanent or changeable in 1 month and would have previous names like the ones in Roblox. That way, the blocking system would ACTUALLY work.

I mean, they have to at least make a blocking system, right?

But something that could CHANGE the entire sm64ex coop game would be that you would have to make a username that would be permanent or changeable in 1 month and would have previous names like the ones in Roblox. That way, the blocking system would ACTUALLY work.
There is technically a "blocking system" like kicking baning and permanent banning from your hosted servers, and a username thing sounds kinda cool, or they could make the app connect to the site.

There is technically a "blocking system" like kicking baning and permanent banning, and a username thing sounds kinda cool, or they could make the app connect to the site.
But do the ban systems actually work?

honestly, i don't think there would be much point in having a friend system in coopDX. mainly because what it would do is easily replaceable by any other social platform, like discord, skype (as ancient as it is), etc. there's generally no purpose.
it would be different if this was like an MMO, but it isn't, so it doesn't fit here.

Just remember that this isn't your average AAA game. This is a fan project for sm64 that adds multiplayer. A friend system won't be added, so use social platforms like discord to chat with your friends.

Maybe just a friending system without chat can be possible with Discord integration
Basically, if 2 people accepted coopdx Discord integration and are friends, they will show up in coopdx, you could also see if they are playing coopdx even if they don't show the activity in Discord

According to our experience, this friending system is best to play games like Roblox, Minecraft, and other top games.

I just wanted to ask so I could clarify if the issue was the social aspects or the networking aspects so let me provide some hypotheticals. Would it be too difficult to make it that friending someone is just used to pin a person/server & tell you if it goes online?

Like let me demonstrate two theoretical ideas:

Version A) I friend my brother, he starts the server & it tells me he started a server.

Version B) I friend my brother, I check the private servers & his shows up at the top without me having to type in any passwords or anything.

All I'm saying is friending someone to be able to quick join their servers would be nice, I don't care for any social aspect I am plenty fine with using discord for that.

Reactions: frog8412
I just wanted to ask so I could clarify if the issue was the social aspects or the networking aspects so let me provide some hypotheticals. Would it be too difficult to make it that friending someone is just used to pin a person/server & tell you if it goes online?

Like let me demonstrate two theoretical ideas:

Version A) I friend my brother, he starts the server & it tells me he started a server.

Version B) I friend my brother, I check the private servers & his shows up at the top without me having to type in any passwords or anything.

All I'm saying is friending someone to be able to quick join their servers would be nice, I don't care for any social aspect I am plenty fine with using discord for that.

Unfortunately this would require some form of an account system. It could use coopnet id's, however they aren't reliable enough to be used with this. Also, display names aren't tied to coopnet id's, so you'd have to name the player in your friends list. The only way to do this reliably is an account system, however im unsure on if that's something the devs want to implement. This isn't even including the fact that coop has full compatibility with Discord, and you can see what a player is playing on in coop, and I believe you can send discord invites into lobbies. Believe discord is gonna be the way to go. If an account system is implemented, all of these requests could be made, however such a system is not on the radar, nor will probably ever be.

Reactions: MONSTERDROID

Users who are viewing this thread