finding more mods?

mindnomad

Apr 17, 2024
Hello. I really love playing this game with my friends privately and i'd like to be able to use more mods while playing with them, but it seems the ones that i see people use in public lobbies just aren't found anywhere else? is there another place people use to share mods? i can't join the discord since it's restricted to avoid annoying underage users from flooding the place, so i don't really know what to do. game banana doesn't help and there wasn't much else that interested me on this forums mod page. again this would just be for playing privately with friends. we don't really like playing in public lobbies, so we don't have intentions to spread around any like, prohibited mods or anything

basically all i want to do is find more mods, but the places i've been to don't really have stuff we're interested in, and i'm wondering if there's another place i could be looking

Other than the discord server, this is pretty much the place to find mods. What mods are you looking for?

You could try finding some of the mods y'all want here (an archive of the old modding site), however those mods will be older (as it is an archive).

i saw some mods that let you see other people's health, using sm64ds maps as well as a minimap, some other mario models, a peppino mod with its own moveset

i saw some mods that let you see other people's health

This is the nametags mod, which comes builtin with coop. In coopdx, this is actually a server setting instead of a mod.
some other mario models, a peppino mod with its own moveset

Custom characters are found in the custom characters section of the mod site here.

sm64ds maps as well as a minimap
Don't have anything for this one, as it's not on this site, so someone else'll have to help you out there.

Hello. I really love playing this game with my friends privately and i'd like to be able to use more mods while playing with them, but it seems the ones that i see people use in public lobbies just aren't found anywhere else? is there another place people use to share mods? i can't join the discord since it's restricted to avoid annoying underage users from flooding the place, so i don't really know what to do. game banana doesn't help and there wasn't much else that interested me on this forums mod page. again this would just be for playing privately with friends. we don't really like playing in public lobbies, so we don't have intentions to spread around any like, prohibited mods or anything

basically all i want to do is find more mods, but the places i've been to don't really have stuff we're interested in, and i'm wondering if there's another place i could be looking
Why not join the SM64ex-Coop discord server? You'll find more mods there.

i'm not sure where to look for that. also i figured maybe not the best place to go to since i keep hearing about toxicity and drama and whatever the hell else. i mean i'll join for mods but i figured people here would be against that suggestion lol

i'm not sure where to look for that. also i figured maybe not the best place to go to since i keep hearing about toxicity and drama and whatever the hell else. i mean i'll join for mods but i figured people here would be against that suggestion lol
Whoever said that was exaggerating. Because there isn't as much drama as you think. Just like there isn't any toxicity as far as I'm concerned. Plus, it's still the main coop server. Here's an invite Join the sm64ex-coop Discord Server!

thanks for the link. i got that idea because it was on the front page that links to the download

I think the server definitely straightened out a tiny bit once I joined back, but before that it was kind of hell and I'd say it still is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread