Can't seem to compile a bin file for a custom model

Mediocre Metastasis

Modder
Jul 27, 2024
I don't know why but I when I use export object geolayout on a mesh called "bluefire" with the foldername "bluefire" and geolayout name "bluefire_geo" it wont compile to a bin file.
Any ideas what to do. It is in my actors folder with another bin file that is the player.
asdasdasdasd.png

Okay I think I know whats going on, be sure to put the exported folder in a folder named "actors" inside your mod folder. Only then will it compile.

You can open up the console with ~ or F1, in there you can see if the actor was parsed. If it wasn't parsed, since there's another .bin, you may encountering a coop bug, where actors won't be parsed to generate .bin files if .bin files already exist. To resolve this, move the mario.bin (I assume that's the name) file out of the actors folder, and any other .bin files, export the actor, run coop, and if the .bin was generated, re-drag mario.bin and any other .bin files into the actors folder

Okay I think I know whats going on, be sure to put the exported folder in a folder named "actors" inside your mod folder. Only then will it compile.
I was doing that. It didn't work.
Don't double post! Use that edit button! Post automatically merged:

You can open up the console with ~ or F1, in there you can see if the actor was parsed. If it wasn't parsed, since there's another .bin, you may encountering a coop bug, where actors won't be parsed to generate .bin files if .bin files already exist. To resolve this, move the mario.bin (I assume that's the name) file out of the actors folder, and any other .bin files, export the actor, run coop, and if the .bin was generated, re-drag mario.bin and any other .bin files into the actors folder
It seems my texture is the problem. Any idea what this error is?
image.png

.... oh my god I'm so stupid. I wrote blueifre instead of bluefire

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread