Can't connect to any public server

SuperNovanta

Jul 9, 2024
Hello! I am somewhat new, I started using SM64CDX 2-3 weeks ago. I was able to play some games until I needed to switch from DirectX's version to OpenGL because I always received crash messages during and at the end of a host. With OpenGL I don't see any errors. But for some reasons, and in spite of my ignorance I don't feel like it's because of OpenGL, I can't join any public servers, of any kind. either using 36.1.1, or 37, or anything really. When a game downloads mods, you can see the progress bar working, but after 30 secs, you get back to the home menu. I did try running the game ad administrator, and I have also tried repacking the mod and even re-downloading the rom.

I have no idea what to do, and it's a shame because I love all of this and I want to play with you all.
I hope you can help me out. Thanks for now, and see you later :)

I once fixed this by configuring the DNS settings, I still don't think it will work for you but here you go:
Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 1.1.1.1
To do this, you need to:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Go to Network and Internet (if on categories list)
  3. Go to Network and Sharing Center
  4. Click on "Change adapter settings" option in the left pane
  5. Right click the active network and click the Properties option
  6. Select the "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" option and press the Properties button
  7. Select the "Use the following DNS server addresses" option and enter DNS settings listed above, finally press OK to save changes

Actually, I've found another way to do it. But it's currently night for me, so I'll tell you tomorrow

Last edited:
Hello! I am somewhat new, I started using SM64CDX 2-3 weeks ago. I was able to play some games until I needed to switch from DirectX's version to OpenGL because I always received crash messages during and at the end of a host. With OpenGL I don't see any errors. But for some reasons, and in spite of my ignorance I don't feel like it's because of OpenGL, I can't join any public servers, of any kind. either using 36.1.1, or 37, or anything really. When a game downloads mods, you can see the progress bar working, but after 30 secs, you get back to the home menu. I did try running the game ad administrator, and I have also tried repacking the mod and even re-downloading the rom.

I have no idea what to do, and it's a shame because I love all of this and I want to play with you all.
I hope you can help me out. Thanks for now, and see you later :)
the last time i got this type of error, i fixed this error using other cable ethernet and my internet house at the same time and works fine but idk if you play on mobile or pc , if you need more help add me on discord: alex.altt

Actually, I've found another way to do it. But it's currently night for me, so I'll tell you tomorrow
  1. Open the Control Panel
  2. Click on Windows Firewall and then click on Advanced Settings
  3. Right click on Inbound Rules then on New Rule
  4. Select Port and click on Next
  5. Enter this specific port: 34197 and click on Next
    1. You can select both TCP and UDP by repeating step 3 after step 8
  6. Click on Allow connection and click on Next
  7. Check every checkbox and click on Next
  8. Name the rule and click on Done
This won't fix Lost connection/Could not connect to CoopNet! messages, but it may fix Could not connect to player 'unknown' while joining and being in lobby

Users who are viewing this thread