B3313 in Coop Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2024
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm sure many people have seen the videos of SimpleFlips, Vinesauce, LiamTriforce, and ScottFalco playing B3313 with Coop Deluxe, I looked into it and it seems like the person who was making B3313 for Coop Deluxe cancelled the project, I would just like to know is anyone gonna make B3313 for Coop Deluxe in the future? Or like is someone gonna pick up where the original mod creator left off? Oh also I'm very very new and I don't know anything about the drama between Coop Deluxe and sm64ex-coop, both the mods seem pretty similar, there's a chance that the people in that video were playing on sm64ex-coop instead, if anyone knows if that's true or not, please let me know.

I was reviewing the forum FAQ and noticed that it says porting the B3313 mod is prohibited. As a new member here, I'm unsure of the reasoning behind this restriction. Maybe the creator of B3313 requested it not to be shared?

I was reviewing the forum FAQ and noticed that it says porting the B3313 mod is prohibited. As a new member here, I'm unsure of the reasoning behind this restriction. Maybe the creator of B3313 requested it not to be shared?
I did some more digging yesterday, the B3313 project is made my someone who goes by I'mYourCat on Discord, it's not cancelled, they're currently working on porting v0.9. I tried to find the FAQ on this website and couldn't find it so I don't really know what you're talking about with the no mentioning B3313 thing.

I did some more digging yesterday, the B3313 project is made my someone who goes by I'mYourCat on Discord, it's not cancelled, they're currently working on porting v0.9. I tried to find the FAQ on this website and couldn't find it so I don't really know what you're talking about with the no mentioning B3313 thing.
I just checked the main page and I found the FAQ extremely easily, I don't know how I missed it before. I see what you mean, it says B3313 is forbidden, and they don't give a reason, maybe it was an April fools and they just didn't change it back yet? idk

I assure you it's not an april fool's bit

Do note it's only just banned here on the forums. You can still play with it ingame if you have it.

is it banned from being posted on the mod list? If it is than I think it shouldn't because that would drive people away from the mod and it will loose popularity.

B3313 has brought in tons of underage children to the community who shouldn't be here to begin with. It's directly against our rules and TOS to be here and be under 13, and further, its a liability.

I think it shouldn't because that would drive people away from the mod and it will loose popularity.

That's kinda the point. We don't want to keep people from playing the game, but we don't necessarily want to attract an audience of people who shouldn't be allowed to play in the community.

is it banned from being posted on the mod list?

Yes

B3313 has brought in tons of underage children to the community who shouldn't be here to begin with. It's directly against our rules and TOS to be here and be under 13, and further, its a liability.

That's kinda the point. We don't want to keep people from playing the game, but we don't necessarily want to attract an audience of people who shouldn't be allowed to play in the community.

Yes
Like I said, there are better ways to moderate than to just outright ban B3313, you can ban people that are being toxic for example. I think it's unfair, B3313 is an amazing mod and it doesn't deserve to be surpressed by the community because of some annoying kids. You guys are taking the lazy way out imo, and why aren't there reasons listed for the ban in the FAQ? It's super confusing for anyone that doesn't know why.

Like I said, there are better ways to moderate than to just outright ban B3313, you can ban people that are being toxic for example. I think it's unfair, B3313 is an amazing mod and it doesn't deserve to be surpressed by the community because of some annoying kids. You guys are taking the lazy way out imo, and why aren't there reasons listed for the ban in the FAQ? It's super confusing for anyone that doesn't know why.
We are trying to build this site. I personally have invested a significant amount of money and time into this, not to even mention others who have spent way more time. You are welcome to have your opinions and feelings, but we are here to build our community, not spend hours of our time micromanaging a user base.

We are under no obligation to explain a rule for our platform we have built, nor are we going to be bullied into changing rules. If anyone wants to have a rational, objective conversation about this, then that's a different story. For now, I'm gonna lock this. If you want to insinuate we are lazy for not pandering to what you want after everything we have given you free of charge, then I'm more than happy to ban you for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread