Odyssey Mario's Moveset: Rebirth

Odyssey Mario's Moveset: Rebirth v1.3

PeachyPeach

Modder
Mar 26, 2024

A faithful recreation of sm64ex-omm for sm64coopdx!

Features:
  • Unique moves and gameplay from Odyssey, including Cappy.
  • Custom animations, star dances and death sequences!
  • True Non-Stop mode, designed to be able to collect all stars in one go.
  • Improved Power-ups:
    • Wing Cap: Inspired by Galaxy's Red Star, Mario can move freely in the air without height limitation.
    • Vanish Cap: Mario can walk through almost all thin walls and grids with ease.
    • Metal Cap: Mario becomes truly invincible. You won't sink in quicksand, you cannot die (unless you're already dead) and objects that try to squash Mario are destroyed.
  • A redesigned HUD to resemble Odyssey!
    • Display of each star in the current level, and which ones have and haven't been collected.
    • Radar that can point to the closest red coin/secret.
  • Fully custom camera!
    • Hold R while standing still to enter a new first person that lets you look in all directions.
    • You can toggle between 8 directional mode and 16 directions by tapping R.
  • Custom settings for different play styles. Type /omm in the game chat box to open the menu.
  • OMM Stars display that shows all levels and which stars have been collected per level, as well as unlocked caps and Bowser keys. Type /stars in the game chat box or by hold L when the game is paused to display.
  • Inbuilt support for various popular gamemodes.

Credits:
Author: PeachyPeach
Contributors: Isaac, Prince Frizzy, djoslin0, Altiami, Sharen (SMO animations)

i'm stuck in first person when i use it, what am i doing wrong?
Don't double post! Use that edit button! Post automatically merged:

nvm fixed it

PeachyPeach updated Odyssey Mario's Moveset: Rebirth with a new update entry:

v1.3

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug with holding L on the pause menu to open the OMM stars menu
  • Fixed a bug where star radars would not show another star radar if a different radar was active while the star spawned
  • Replaced vanilla orange number textures with OMM's number textures (coopdx only)
  • Added regular OMM's custom shell swimming
  • Added regular OMM's improved cap durations for metal and vanish cap
  • Added a vertical wind cancel after 15 frames of not being in wind
  • Added spin...

Read the rest of this update entry...

is there any way i could get just the modified air control alone? i couldnt find any other mods modifying the air control like this one has

Last edited:
for some reason in the current update, the game is ever so slightly laggy with uncapped framerate, and when I cap my framerate to 60 fps, my FPS drops to ~30 with this mod enabled. Previous updates did not have this problem. However, it may be some sort of mod conflict, as it's not the only mod I have enabled.

it definitely isn't an issue with omm, it cannot be. its likely just your system is struggling with framerate when you have mods enabled. its not an issue with omm at all

Users who are viewing this thread