Modder status

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIncredibleHolc

Modder
Jul 9, 2024
USA
Greetings.

I will need a modder role to be able to post my teams entry into the Gamemode competition. I will be submitting our Gore/Frogger mod.
Please let me know what else (if anything) is needed.

Thanks,
Don't double post! Use that edit button! Post automatically merged:

A bit more of a description of our mod:

Gore/Frogger was a personal challenge to create a procedurally generated map every round to keep the game-mode fresh. This was accomplished by creating individual obstacles that were painstakingly aligned with offsets and patience. 5 out of 7 obstacles will be randomly picked in random order, then applied to the map with a finish point at the end. The frogs must traverse all the way to the end to successfully complete the round, and will be awarded points for each win.

Here is a screenshot of our "in the bag" system, which is used to prevent an obstacle from being used twice.

local obstaclePool = {
{ length = 6192, setup = obstacle_traffic, model = E_MODEL_OBSTACLE_TRAFFIC, col = COL_TRAFFIC, }, -- traffic
{ length = 7548, setup = obstacle_river, model = E_MODEL_OBSTACLE_RIVER, col = COL_RIVER, }, -- river
{ length = 3150, setup = obstacle_thwomps, model = E_MODEL_OBSTACLE_THWOMPS, col = COL_THWOMPS, }, -- thwomps
{ length = 3150, setup = obstacle_roller, model = E_MODEL_OBSTACLE_THWOMPS, col = COL_THWOMPS, }, -- spindels
{ length = 7500, setup = obstacle_hunter, model = E_MODEL_OBSTACLE_HUNTER, col = COL_HUNTER, }, -- hunter, will shoot players
{ length = 5750, setup = obstacle_sawmill, model = E_MODEL_OBSTACLE_SAWMILL, col = COL_SAWMILL, }, -- sawmill
{ length = 7552, setup = obstacle_log_bridge, model = E_MODEL_OBSTACLE_LOG_BRIDGE, col = COL_LOGBRIDGE, }, -- river with log bridges
}

local obstaclesSpawned = false
function spawn_obstacles()
local np = gNetworkPlayers[0]
if network_is_server() and np.currAreaSyncValid and np.currLevelNum == LEVEL_FROGGER and not obstaclesSpawned then
local zOffset = 0
local bag = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7}
local obstacles = {}
while #bag > 2 do --There are 7 obstacles total. While bag > 2 means it will spawn 5 obstacles before spawning the finish.
local obstacleIdx = math.random(#bag)
table.insert(obstacles, bag[obstacleIdx])
table.remove(bag, obstacleIdx)
end
for _, i in ipairs(obstacles) do
local obstacle = obstaclePool
obstacle.setup(zOffset)
zOffset = zOffset + obstacle.length
end

obstacle_finish(zOffset)

obstaclesSpawned = true
end
end

The quality of this mod would not have been possible without the following Gore team members: Coolio, Birdekek, Tilly, Frijoles, and Warioplier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread