In-Dialogue Character Names

JonTheLGuy64

Mar 27, 2024
Pronouns
He/Him
GJphGJJXUAAl8dW

I always found it weird how everyone still refers to your character as "Mario" despite you probably not playing as Mario. What if we had a feature or mod that changes NPC text to have them say the name of the character you're playing as?

This would be interesting. I believe dialogue is handled by the ROM that is currently being played, if so this would be difficult to accomplish perfectly.
Perhaps adding a conditional that replaces "Mario" in dialogue boxes with either the selected character, or the player's username.

Reactions: Chilly and Jarks04
This would be interesting. I believe dialogue is handled by the ROM that is currently being played, if so this would be difficult to accomplish perfectly.
Perhaps adding a conditional that replaces "Mario" in dialogue boxes with either the selected character, or the player's username.
I'd personally prefer selected character over username, and it'd be cool if there was a way for Character Select to make use of such a system as well for custom skins/characters, so those names can show up in dialogue as well.

Reactions: SuperKirbylover

Users who are viewing this thread