Help Installing / enabling / using mods

Windy42

Jul 23, 2024
Hello, new here to SM64 co-op,

I've got a few versions of the [character-select-coop], but nothing is working, no characters are being added. I've read something saying that the new character select version isn't compatible atm so I've tried a few ways still nothing. Would someone please be able to help me out? when looking in the files it looks very self explanatory finding the [mods] folder but can't get it to work.

kind regards

Windy,

I downloaded a couple of the Arena maps and those are the only mods I've failed to get working for the DirectX version of Coop Deluxe am using.

I downloaded a couple of the Arena maps and those are the only mods I've failed to get working for the DirectX version of Coop Deluxe am using.
are you trying to drag & drop the mod on the game window? if it says Failed to import, make sure its not zipped and put the mod folder in the mods folder

I see, try to use OpenGL
If it still doesn't work, do what frog8412 said
They didn't fail to import, issue is they don't work even though I can turn them on and everything, the arena mods are the only mods doing this for me, the rest work wonderfully. Also what is OpenGL?

Someone who joined my lobby helped me find a way to access the maps. / commands go figure.

Last edited:
They didn't fail to import, issue is they don't work even though I can turn them on and everything, the arena mods are the only mods doing this for me, the rest work wonderfully. Also what is OpenGL?

Someone who joined my lobby helped me find a way to access the maps. / commands go figure.
I didn't know that the problem was that you didn't know how to enter the maps
and OpenGL is like DirectX, it doesn't change anything, it's only for the compatibility of your PC and some mods

I recommend you install this mod if you download arena mods Level Picker

Let's play together
this is the first time I play with someone

Users who are viewing this thread