Finding Super Mario 64 DS Luigi voices less-compressed versions

Millymilo000

Jun 16, 2024
Pronouns
He/Him or they/them im cool with either
Hi there,

I plan to mod in the Luigi's voice from Super Mario 64 DS into this game, except the voices on the cartridge are very compressed compared to the voices we hear in this game. So I've found that a lot of these voices were re-used from previous games that had Luigi in it, and most of the games that they were used from have higher quality versions in them. I found all but 7 of the less compressed versions of the voices used in Super Mario 64 DS for Luigi. I have uploaded the voices I've found and the ones im missing here.

Any help to find those last 7 would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Hi there,

I plan to mod in the Luigi's voice from Super Mario 64 DS into this game, except the voices on the cartridge are very compressed compared to the voices we hear in this game. So I've found that a lot of these voices were re-used from previous games that had Luigi in it, and most of the games that they were used from have higher quality versions in them. I found all but 7 of the less compressed versions of the voices used in Super Mario 64 DS for Luigi. I have uploaded the voices I've found and the ones im missing here.

Any help to find those last 7 would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!
I have the Lets-a go file here but i don't think the others have any HQ versions found currently.

Reactions: Millymilo000
I know of a R96 mod where someone redubbed a few of them. I can send you those files if you want. They are noticably not the og clips but hq, but they're good
Don't double post! Use that edit button! Post automatically merged:

Also the Mario kart gp games (1 and 2) have slightly higher quality clips to the gcn ones i believe

Last edited:
I know of a R96 mod where someone redubbed a few of them. I can send you those files if you want. They are noticably not the og clips but hq, but they're good
Don't double post! Use that edit button! Post automatically merged:

Also the Mario kart gp games (1 and 2) have slightly higher quality clips to the gcn ones i believe
I'll take a look at the Mario Kart GP games, never thought to look at that. Thanks for mentioning it!

Also I believe that the R96 redubbed luigi voices are the ones already in sm64 Co-op Deluxe (Saying this based on this pull request, and this showcase of luigi in R96)

Edit: Just checked Mario Kart GP Luigi voices, these are definitely higher quality, Once again thanks for mentioning it!!

Last edited:
I'll take a look at the Mario Kart GP games, never thought to look at that. Thanks for mentioning it!

Also I believe that the R96 redubbed luigi voices are the ones already in sm64 Co-op Deluxe (Saying this based on this pull request, and this showcase of luigi in R96)

Edit: Just checked Mario Kart GP Luigi voices, these are definitely higher quality, Once again thanks for mentioning it!!
The "redubbed" voice clips i was talking about reffering to was this video with the long-jump, triple-jump and his "gotcha".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread