Can I share a file?

Jul 24, 2024
So I was playing Super Mario Moonshine and noticed that something is wrong with the audio in the game. Anytime I played on a stage for too long, the music would stop. Anytime I paused, the music would stop. So I learned a little bit about code and fixed it myself. Took me bout a day. It's just a quick little fix and I wanted to drag and drop it on this website but I can't find the button for publishing mods. That got me thinking, is something like this allowed? Am I okay to post this and if so, how do I post it? Thank you!

You need the modder role in order to be able to post mods, which you can obtain by following the qualifications of becoming a modder.

For this instance, you should contact the original developer (in this case, PeachyPeach), tell them the problem, and show them how you solved it, so they can release a fix for that problem. Also, when editing other mods, generally as a rule of thumb, to publish that edited mod you should get permission from the creator. Hope this helps : D.

Thank you for the response! I will see if i can get in touch with the original creator/person who ported this mod and see what can be done. I love Super Mario Moonshine and think it is one of the best romhacks/Mario fangames I have ever played. The music is such a big part of the experience so I hope we can get this mod working as intended for everyone's enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread