Application for Wiki Status

Jim_Boni

Wiki Editor
Oct 2, 2024
I am creating this thread to formally apply for wiki status in order to contribute to the documentation of the C functions exposed to the Lua API within the sm64coopdx project. I am particularly interested in enhancing the quality and comprehensiveness of the available documentation as well as ensuring it aligns with the standards set by established wikis, such as that of SRB2's Lua documentation.

I have already submitted two pull requests (PRs) to the sm64coopdx GitHub repository under my account, Multi-Volt, and I am well-prepared to contribute detailed documentation, including input and output types, general descriptions, and practical examples for each function. My goal is to create accessible and thorough documentation that will benefit current and future modders.

In addition to documenting existing functions, I plan to extend the Lua API by adding new functions aimed at improving usability for developers. Currently, I am working on functions for angle-to-sm64 number conversions, a fast square root, a quick hypotenuse calculation, and a higher-resolution timer as an alternative to the current get_time() function. With access to the wiki, I would be able to upload my existing documentation promptly, providing an immediate resource for contributors and users.

Thank you for considering my application. I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to the sm64coopdx project and support its ongoing development.

I am creating this thread to formally apply for wiki status in order to contribute to the documentation of the C functions exposed to the Lua API within the sm64coopdx project. I am particularly interested in enhancing the quality and comprehensiveness of the available documentation as well as ensuring it aligns with the standards set by established wikis, such as that of SRB2's Lua documentation.

I have already submitted two pull requests (PRs) to the sm64coopdx GitHub repository under my account, Multi-Volt, and I am well-prepared to contribute detailed documentation, including input and output types, general descriptions, and practical examples for each function. My goal is to create accessible and thorough documentation that will benefit current and future modders.

In addition to documenting existing functions, I plan to extend the Lua API by adding new functions aimed at improving usability for developers. Currently, I am working on functions for angle-to-sm64 number conversions, a fast square root, a quick hypotenuse calculation, and a higher-resolution timer as an alternative to the current get_time() function. With access to the wiki, I would be able to upload my existing documentation promptly, providing an immediate resource for contributors and users.

Thank you for considering my application. I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to the sm64coopdx project and support its ongoing development.
Approved. Can you clcik the wiki link at some point on the navbar so I can give your account permissions?

Users who are viewing this thread